FAQ about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and What We are Doing About It
Updated: October 5, 2021
Are you accepting new patients?
Yes, we are accepting all new patients and following strict scheduling and cleaning best practices to maintain your safety as more new patients are seen.
I am an existing patient/patient on hold since the quarantine. Can I make an appt for PT now?
Yes, we will be following social distancing guidelines and cleaning best practices to keep you safe while in our facilities.
When can I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment today based on availability.
How are you practicing social distancing in your office?
- We have rearranged the clinic to maximize space
- We are “assigning” tables for therapists
How are you making it safe for patients?
- All who enter our facility, including staff and patients are required to wear masks.
- Curtains will be pulled as an extra barrier between tables.
- We’ve adjusted the layout of the clinic to ensure social distancing is possible.
- We’ve developed extremely thorough cleaning protocols with all patient contact items cleaned after every single use.
- We have clear signage and communication to all our patients to ensure transparency and understanding of our new processes.
- Private rooms will be used for high risk patient populations.
Are you requiring patients to wear a mask?
Yes, per Governor Baker’s executive order, masks are still required in our facilities since Orthopaedics Plus is a healthcare facility.
Has anyone in your office had exposure to COVID19? If so, what are you doing?
We have a strict internal policy that has been adapted from the state DPH and CDC guidelines where staff must report potential exposures immediately, take their temps each day before reporting to work, and report any symptoms associated with the coronavirus. If they report possible exposure, we follow the recommendations of the CDC and DPH
Is your cancellation policy different?
No. We do not charge a late cancel fee for those who cancel due to sudden onset of illness. We still require you give us 24 hours’ notice of a cancelled appointment for all other instances.
Unfortunately, due to COVID19 I cannot afford my copays, is there anything you can do?
We are contractually obligated to collect your copay, so it is illegal for clinics to not collect co-pays. We do understand that many are experiencing financial hardships. Accordingly, we can work out a payment plan if there is a hardship.
What cleaning agents do you use in your clinics?
- Force of nature cleaner info
- Force of nature is a natural based cleaner made of a mixture of water, vinegar, and salt. It is on the CDC approved list of cleaners effective against killing COVID19. Given that it is natural, it is easier on our/your skin as well as the equipment.
Why do I have to wear a mask?
Governor Baker passed an executive order that requires certain facilities to wear masks while inside. As a healthcare facility, Orthopaedics Plus falls under that executive order. The only exception to this order is if you are unable to wear a mask due to medical reasons and are exempt by DPH. This is for your safety and the safety of everyone around you.
What if I refuse to wear a mask?
- If you choose not to wear one, you will not be allowed to enter our facility in accordance with our need to comply with the state’s executive order and follow best practices to protect the safety of our patients and staff.
My pain isn’t that bad, I’m not sure if I need to come in?
Pain is not the only indicator of urgency or importance of treatment. Many urgent and important cases involve little or no pain, yet require immediate treatment.
We understand the tendency to minimize less urgent things like pains and limitations in your function in light of a global pandemic. However, just because it may not be urgent, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t important. As health care professionals, it’s our obligation to advocate for you and optimize your health. Proper movement is vital to all body systems, from your mind, your heart, your muscles, and your immune system too. We want you to know that when you lower the priority of addressing your function, it will not make you more safe, healthy, and strong. It is our job to make sure you know that you can address your important aches and function issues while at the same time being safe and respecting the severity of the pandemic. We have and will continue to go through extreme measures to assure our clinics are safe for you and others. Please refer to the measures listed above to see exactly how. It is important to us to keep you both safe and functioning well so that you are as healthy as possible.