We hope this finds you healthy and adapting to these challenging times as best as possible.
We are excited to provide you with an update on the operation of our clinics under these changing conditions and how that will affect your care, the care of loved ones, and the community.
We want to start by saying thank you to all of you who have trusted us to care for you, whether in the past or currently, via telehealth or in the clinic. That means so much to the entire OP Team.
Based on current trends of the pandemic in the state, Governor Baker has announced that as of May 18th stay at home orders are being lifted for the state of Massachusetts.
We are optimistic about these improvements, and we are beyond excited to see you all again to improve your function and health!
However, we are also proceeding very cautiously towards the expansion of operations based on our interpretations of best practices and the information provided to us by the experts advising local and state authorities.
We wanted to share the details of how we plan to resume full operations to best serve the community with our physical therapy care while also doing our part to help control the spread of COVID-19.
We know you trust us to care for you, and with that comes the responsibility to assure you that we are doing everything we can to keep you safe while addressing your critical needs to restore pain-free functioning.
Throughout this pandemic we have been operating on a very limited basis as an essential business, seeing only critical cases in the clinics and seeing the majority of our patients through telehealth. These critical care cases included patients who were post-operative, had pain levels greater than 7/10, had progressive neurological changes related to spine conditions, or were at a high risk of severe functional regression.
This has given us a great deal of confidence and practice in implementing the heightened standards of cleanliness and distancing while still providing care for those who needed it most.
As of May 18th, OP will now gradually resume seeing a wider range of patients based on the revised recommendations of the state and local health departments. This will occur under the conditions of heightened screening, cleanliness, and distancing according to best practices.
Just like successful rehabilitation involves both the therapists and the patient working together as a team to get the best outcome, so too will the re-opening process under these unique circumstances.
So you can feel confident and well informed in resuming your care with us in our clinics, we want to share with you what we are doing to assure the safest environment for your care:
- All staff will be wearing masks
- There will be increased treatment times to minimize overlapping patients on the schedule
- The privacy curtains will be pulled as an extra barrier between tables
- The layout of the clinic has been adjusted to ensure social distancing is possible
- We have reserved spaces in the clinic for “vulnerable populations”
- We have extremely aggressive cleaning protocols with all patient contact items cleaned after every use
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the waiting room
- We are only allowing patients in clinic/waiting room to reduce total number of people
- We’ve created a new systematic check-in process to limit the amount of time you spend in the waiting room
- We are separating sanitized pens and used pens so if you need to use a pen, you can be confident it is clean
- There will be clear signage and communication to all our patients to ensure transparency and understanding of our new processes
- We are staggering therapist appointment start times to minimize the number of patients checking in at the same time
This is what we are asking of you:
- Please self-monitor your symptoms daily by taking your temperature in the morning and being on the lookout for fever, persistent cough, and shortness of breath
- Please wear a mask while on the premises.
- Please remain in your car until 5 minutes prior to your appointment time to reduce the number of people in the waiting room
- Please follow marks on floor for check-in to ensure proper social distancing
- Please sanitize your hands when you get to the check in window prior to doing anything else
- Please enter through the main door and exit through the back/side door to reduce crossing traffic
- Please answer 3 COVID19 screening questions verbally at each visit
We remain devoted to researching and applying the best practices to create a safe environment for you. For more frequently asked questions about COVID-19 adjustments, check our our FAQs page here
Because of this we know that with our combined efforts, we can return to serving you under these unique conditions.
Staying strong, healthy, and pain-free is one of the best ways to manage these difficult times. We are here and ready to help you get back to feeling great in the safest way possible.
We are looking to forward to seeing you soon. Please reach out with any questions or concerns!