Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
Staying in the forefront of the latest physical therapy treatments, Orthopaedics Plus is now offering Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy at our Beverly, MA location.
Pelvic floor physical therapy includes the evaluation and treatment of women with pelvic pain, urinary and fecal incontinence, constipation, pre- and post- pelvic surgery, and pregnancy and postpartum musculoskeletal conditions. Our team offers physical therapists that are specially trained in this practice area. Our Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist, Rachael Beekman PT, DPT, works exclusively out of our Beverly, Massachusetts office.
There has been extensive evidence to show that pelvic floor physical therapy can significantly reduce urinary incontinence and reduce pelvic pain.
Pelvic floor disorders are actually one of the most common disorders in our healthcare system:
- 25% of women in the United States have a pelvic floor disorder
- 45% of women over 30 have at least monthly urinary incontinence
- 20% of sexually active young women have pain with intercourse on a regular basis
Do these statistics seem surprising?
It’s because nobody talks about their pelvic floor… with their partners, with their friends or with their healthcare providers. We want to change that!
Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy can help treat a number of symptoms including:
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pain with intercourse (vaginismus, dyspareunia, vulvodynia)
- Pelvic pain/burning
- Symptoms associated with endometriosis and interstitial cystitis
Learn more by downloading our Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy brochure.
Contact our Beverly office and to ask for Rachael Beekman PT, DPT to make your Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy appointment today.